Grapes are favored for their sweet and juicy flavor. Grapes are low in calories. Grapes contain quercetin, a plant pigment that is thought to regulate the levels of blood cholesterol.
- High in pectin and bioflavonoids.
- Contain phytochemicals that may reduce risk for heart disease, cancer and stokes.
- A fair source of iron and potassium.
- A low-calorie sweet snack and dessert.
- Since they are often treated with sulfur dioxide to retard spoiling, grapes may present a problem for sulfite-sensitive people.
- Natural salicylates may provoke an allergic response.